When it comes to water filtration systems there are many brands, types, and sizes. With all of these options, things can get confusing! Today we’re going to highlight countertop water filters and all of the benefits they boast at a bargain price.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
Water filtration systems vary based on filter size, where they are installed, and how many taps in your home are treated. There are four basic types of water filter systems available:
- Point of Entry (POE) Systems — Also called whole house systems, these multi-stage water filter systems are installed at the point where water enters your home. Water is filtered throughout the house, from faucets to showers.
- Point of Use (POU) Systems — These more compact water filtration systems are installed underneath your kitchen sink to provide clean water for drinking and cooking from one tap. Most of our reverse osmosis systems fall under this category.
- Countertop Systems — These systems are also point of use systems, but instead of being installed under your sink our compact countertop systems are installed next to the sink. With our Reverse Osmosis Countertop System you can switch between standard sink flow and water from the countertop system.
- Pitcher Filters — these basic water filter systems can be bought in stores nationwide, and feature small carbon filters in a water pitcher that is refilled throughout the day and stored in the refrigerator.
Advantages of Countertop Water Filters
Why buy a countertop water filtration system instead of an under-the-sink point of use system, or a more comprehensive point of entry system? Here are the top benefits of countertop systems:
- Quality — Smaller size doesn’t translate to less filtration. Our Reverse Osmosis Countertop System has a removal rating of up to 99% for dozens of contaminants including lead, chlorine, bacteria, pesticides, and pharmaceuticals. In fact, it’s the highest contaminant reduction-rated countertop reverse osmosis system on the market!
- Convenience — Looking for an effective yet easy solution for your water quality problems? Countertop water filters are the simplest water filtration systems to install, attaching directly to the tap. Maintenance on all Express Water filtration systems is minimal, and with a countertop system, you can replace filters in minutes without any trouble.
Removal — Apartment or house renters can install a countertop filtration system and detach it when they relocate to a new home. Unlike other types of water filtration systems, a countertop filter does not require mounting, drilling, and other involved installation processes.
- Price Point — Countertop water filter systems deliver high-quality water filtration at the most affordable price. Water filter systems from Express Water are already competitively priced, but with a Reverse Osmosis Countertop System, you’ll be spending just over one hundred dollars for pure and safe drinking water.
Still not convinced that a countertop water filter is the right fit for your home? Read our blog covering how to choose a water filter system. If you have questions you can also contact a member of our customer service team.